Home » Visitor Information » Events Classes Regattas
Events, Classes and Regattas
Waterside Events, Classes and Regattas
Waterside events shown on the calendar below have been approved by the Harbormaster. These events include special regattas, small boat and stand-up paddleboard (SUP) group lessons and excursions, outdoor classroom activities, photo shoots, etc.
A special event permit is required for all scheduled events at the harbor. Please use this calendar as a reference in planning your event or class, and contact the Harbormaster at (831) 475-6161 to discuss the approval process, availability, special conditions, restrictions and any applicable fees that may apply before scheduling your event.
For a detailed calendar of Santa Cruz Yacht Club regattas visit their website at Santa Cruz Yacht Club.
Landside events on the calendar have been approved by harbor management. There are a variety of venues available, ranging from the Harbor Beach on the east side of the harbor, to Mariner Park Lawn on the harbor's west side. A special event permit is required for all scheduled events at the harbor.
For more information about the approval process for obtaining a special event permit, pricing, availability, special conditions and restrictions, contact the harbor office at (831) 475-6161.
For specific dates / times / locations, please refer to the above calendar.
Volleyball Tournaments - Harbor Beach Open
- Harbor Beach Open volleyball tournaments will happen on the Harbor Beach. All events are Men’s Open, Women's A's / B’s on Sat., Women’s Open, Men's A’s / B's and Coeds or 4's on Sun. Events Subject to Change. For more information visit their website at, Harbor Beach Open.
Monterey Bay Salmon & Trout Project Big Fish Derby
- Big Fish Derby to support the only public, non-profit hatchery in the Santa Clara and Monterey Bay area. For information about future events, call Al Smith at (831) 458-3095, or visit their website
at Monterey Bay Salmon & Trout Project.
Wednesday Night Sailboat Races
- March - October 2013
- Wednesday Night Sailboat Races begin for the season in March (with Daylight Savings), and run through fall ending in October. Wednesday Night Races begin at 6:30 pm - 8 pm. For more information on races / regattas highlights, contact the Santa Cruz Yacht Club at (831) 425-0690, or visit their website Santa Cruz Yacht Club.
Crow's Nest Thursday Night Barbecues
- Barbeques take place every Thursday night beginning in early summer. Check back soon for exact start date.
- Parking Information.
- For more information visit the Crow's Nest website at Crow's Nest.
Big Brothers Big Sisters Day on the Monterey Bay Regatta
- This is the largest Santa Cruz Yacht Club sponsored regatta and a crucial fundraiser for Big Brothers Big Sisters. Each year, the Santa Cruz Yacht Club plays host to this exciting event and helps raise thousands of dollars for the children of our community. For more information and to register, visit Big Brothers Big Sisters of Santa Cruz County.
Aloha Celebrity Races & Polynesian Festival
- August 18, 2013
- Outrigger canoe racing and Polynesian festival; For more information call (831) 420-5273 or visit the Santa Cruz Wharf website.
A Taste of the Harbor
- Intero Real Estate Services of Santa Cruz is hosting A Taste of the Harbor, featuring catering by local restaurants, raffles and live entertainment at their Harbor Beach location. All proceeds donated to the Intero Foundation will benefit O'Neill Sea Odyssey.
Lighted Boat Parade
- December 7, 2013
- Sponsored by the Santa Cruz Yacht Club and including a canned food drive benefiting Second Harvest Food Bank, the Lighted Boat Parade features 50 beautifully-decorated power and sailboats parading through the Santa Cruz Harbor. Charter boats available. This is a family event with hot drinks and snacks available at various locations through the south harbor. Visit the Santa Cruz Yacht Club website for more information -- to register and participate in the parade, download the Lighted Boat Parade Registraton Form.
Tall Ship Hawaiian Chieftain