Santa Cruz Port District is seeking qualified candidates for the full-time provisional position of Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and technical support to the Port Director and governing Port Commission, as well as other District management and staff. Typical schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm + Regular Port Commission Meeting Attendance.
The primary responsibilities of this position include providing front desk customer service (two days a week or more as needed), providing staff support for management and the Port Commission (scheduling and attending meetings, preparing meeting agendas, board packets, and minutes); processing monthly and annual billing statements; maintaining lease files and tenant accounting records; creating and distributing informational materials for customers and the general public (notices, email blasts, monthly newsletter); maintaining and updating Port District’s website; processing special event permits.Complete Job Description - Administrative Assistant IJob Announcement - Administrative Assistant I
Ideal Candidate Competencies
- Professional Writing Experience – excellent spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Technical Skills – knowledge of clerical procedures and use of computer systems and a variety of software programs.
- Communication Skills – strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organization Skills – ability to meet deadlines and handle a variety of administrative tasks under pressure.
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience, equivalent to:
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible administrative experience, preferably in a public agency;
- Degree in Business or Public Administration, or related field.
Compensation and Benefits
The starting salary range for this position is $4,754 to $5,241 per month, depending on qualifications.
The Port District offers full benefits which include:
- Retirement: The District participates in the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS). Employees’ tiered placement is dependent on status as a “classic” member or “new” member.
- Medical/Dental/Life Insurance: Employee and eligible dependents receive medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance.
- Paid Leaves: 10 days of vacation accrual; 12 days of sick accrual; and 12 holidays per calendar year.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, submit:
- A completed Online Application Application for Employment (Apply Today!);
- Responses to the Supplemental Questions (Click Here);
- A Cover Letter identifying your interest and the qualities you possess as a candidate;
- Resume is optional.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 4, 2023, 5:00 PM