Santa Cruz Port District is seeking qualified candidates for the regular, full-time position of Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Administrative Services Manager and provides administrative and technical support to the Port Director and governing Port Commission, as well as other District management and staff.
The primary responsibilities of this position include providing staff support for management and the Port Commission (scheduling and attending meetings, preparing meeting agendas, board packets and minutes); processing monthly and annual billing statements; maintaining lease files and tenant accounting records; creating and distributing informational materials for customers and the general public (notices, email blasts, monthly newsletter); maintaining and updating Port District’s website; processing special event permits. Click here to view the full job description.
Regular Full-Time – M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM + Regular Port Commission Meeting Attendance
$4,225 to $5,662 per month, depending on qualifications and experience.
The Port District offers full benefits which include:
- Retirement: The District participates in the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS). Employees’ tiered placement is dependent on status as a “classic” member or “new” member.
- Medical/Dental/Life Insurance: Employee and eligible dependents receive medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance.
- Paid Leaves: 10 days vacation accrual; 12 days sick accrual; and 12 holidays per calendar year.
THE COMMUNITY AND THE PORT DISTRICT
Santa Cruz Port District is an independent special district government responsible for the administration and operation of Santa Cruz Harbor, located 70 miles south of San Francisco and 35 miles north of Monterey. Santa Cruz Harbor provides permanent moorage for approximately 1,200 wet-berthed and 275 dry-stored vessels and offers both residents and visitors access to a variety of recreational and commercial opportunities.
IDEAL CANDIDATE COMPETENCIES
- Professional Writing Experience – excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Technical Skills – knowledge of clerical procedures and use of computer systems and a variety of software programs.
- Communication Skills – strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organization Skills – ability to meet deadlines and handle a variety of administrative tasks under pressure.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Any combination of education and experience, equivalent to:
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible administrative experience, preferably in a public agency;
- Degree in Business or Public Administration, or related field.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, submit:
- One completed Santa Cruz Port District Application (required);
- Responses to Supplemental Questions (required);
- A Cover Letter identifying your interest and the qualities you possess as a candidate (required);
- Resume (optional).
Submit all application materials to Santa Cruz Port District, 135 5th Avenue, Santa Cruz, CA 95062, by the application deadline (postmarks not accepted).
Please do not FAX or email application documents.
Application Deadline: Monday, December 3, 2018, 5:00 PM