Petty cash is cash available to reimburse employees for out-of-pocket expenses of up to $100 in purchases of low value items made outside the Port District’s purchasing procedures. Approved out-of-pocket expenses of $100 or more will be reimbursed by check.
- All petty cash reimbursements require approval from department head
- Receipts are required for all purchases
- Approved reimbursements greater than $100 will be paid by check
A petty cash reimbursement request form shall be completed for purchases totaling less than $100. All receipts must be attached to the form. The form must be signed and forwarded to the department head for approval.
Approved petty cash expenditures will be reimbursed by Administration staff during normal business hours.
- Check cashing is not permitted at the front desk
- Customers may not overpay by check in order to obtain cash
SANTA CRUZ PORT DISTRICT REIMBURSEMENT POLICY