Slip licensees are required to provide proof of vessel liability insurance, which, at a minimum, must meet the standards outlined below:
- Provide general liability vessel insurance coverage (Protection and Indemnity), with a minimum policy limit of $300,000.
- Policy must include wreck removal and pollution coverage.
- Policy shall name the Santa Cruz Port District (SCPD) as Additional Insured, if available from the underwriter.
- For vessels held in partnership, the policy must list the individual names of each partner.
- Sublettors shall be required to provide proof of insurance for their vessels in accordance with this policy.
To fulfill insurance requirements, please provide the harbor office with a copy of one of the following:
- Declaration of insurance
- Certificate of insurance
- Proof of insurance
Insurance cards will not be accepted as proof of insurance, because they do not include pertinent information relative to coverage limits (i.e. $300,000 minimum, fuel/wreck removal endorsement, or additional insured endorsement).